Tuesday, October 02, 2007

iTunes Preorder - just say "no"

When you preorder something, don't you expect to be able to get it as soon as possible? At least as soon as the general public that didn't preorder it, if not a little sooner?

Apparently not when you preorder something on iTunes.

I preordered the Bruce Springsteen album Magic, which was released today. But as of 10:36 PM Eastern, I am still unable to download it. Clicking on the preorder under my account tells me it is not currently available in the US.



Which is kind of funny, because it is certainly available for purchase from the iTunes store. It must just be unavailable to the people stupid enough to preorder it!

The next time I want an album on its release date, I'll just go to a real store and buy the CD. At least I'll get the little booklet with it.

There's absolutely no way I'll ever preorder anything on iTunes again.

Looks like I'm not the only one who has had a bad experience with iTunes preorders.

No comments: